Question / Pain #1: Why must bills come in the mail and be paid by snail-mail check (or sometimes over the phone during business hours)?
Question / Pain #2: Why must the bill payment workflow be manual, resulting in waisted time and forgotten bills?
Answer: Legacy systems & dinosaur companies
Use Case: Bill from medical lab arrives via snail-mail 6 weeks after appointment. No further reminders. Did the customer get/pay the bill?
- Create a system to make it brain-dead simple for companies to request payment from customers via their modern unique id: Email (not street address!).
- Send customers a simple email requesting payment. Send reminder emails if necessary.
- Offer modern payment options: PayPal, Direct Deposit, Credit Card.
- Throw in payment analytics for companies / users.
Value add to dinosaur companies:
- Reduce customer service and mail costs.
- Increase likelihood / timeliness of collecting debts owed.
- Happier customers.
Value add to users:
- No more paper bills.
- No more writing / mailing checks.
- Automatic reminders + painless payments = no more procrastinating / forgetting bills.
- Better understanding of personal finance (partnership with Mint?).
- Happier life.
Thoughts? Please share your comments below.Tweet